There’s a little foodie paradise hidden in Brentwood, California, where you’ll find bold eats and plenty of healthy options for even the most discerning taste buds. From five star restaurants, to specialty grocery stores, to cooking classes for the DIY addicts, there’s plenty to eat and explore in this Contra Costa city. Read on for the ultimate foodies guide to Brentwood.
Organic. Farm-to-table. Sustainable. Comfort. Whatever your preference may be, make sure to add these restaurants to your must-visit list for brunch in the city, a night out on the town, and everything in between.
- Happy Hour Cuisine: Zephyr Bar & Grill is best known for their delicious happy hour menu, and large selection of wine to choose from. You can’t go wrong dining here at any time, but make sure to check out Sunday brunch, or dinner and drinks.
- Steakhouse: Sweeney’s Bar & Grill is a Brentwood standard, open since 1876. You’ll find classic Italian eats, steak, and seafood in modern digs with a patio.
- Fresh Fare: Family-owned and fresh quality food, Wence House California Cuisine offers high quality gourmet food. Hot tip: Order the grilled salmon filet. You won’t regret it.
- Date Night: Vic Stewart’s offers a relaxing and sophisticated dining experience, with some of the best steak dishes in town.
- Comfort Food: If you’re craving a juicy cheeseburger, look no further than Digger’s Diner. They’ve won “Best Burger” in the Concord Transcript twice for a reason.
- French Cuisine: Seasonal French cuisine is the draw at Scotties Shutters Brasserie, a sophisticated brasserie with live jazz on the weekends.
- Pizza: Grab a slice at Melo’s Italian eatery serving pizza, pasta, and sandwiches in a relaxed, contemporary setting. A Contra Costa landmark for over 45 years, it’s no wonder it’s the best pizza in town.
- Farm-to-table: Attraversiamo utilizes Brentwood’s freshest local ingredients with a farm-to-table menu. From craft-cocktails to an oyster bar, there’s something for everyone.
- Pub Grub: A great rotating beer selection and small plate menu to match, Sand Creek Pub is the best when it comes to a nice cold beer and delicious pub food. You can also catch a game on the big screen, or play a round of pool with friends.
- Sushi: A newer restaurant in the Brentwood area, Enishi Kitchen offers the ideal Asian fusion experience.
Specialty Grocery Stores and Markets
If you’re a true foodie, you know it’s not all about dining out, but rather the experience of preparing meals, and savoring each and every bite. If you’re the adventurous type and willing to test out your cooking skills, pop into Brentwood Fine Meats for the best selection of local meats for any palate. Sprouts is now open in town, where you can find locally sourced goods and produce, as well as everyday grocery essentials. The Brentwood Farmer’s Market runs every Saturday from March through November and offers the season's freshest fruits and vegetables grown and brought directly from local orchards and farms. Farmer’s Daughters Produce is a seasonal U-Pick farm, so you get the experience of choosing your own fruits and other locally grown goods.
Learn to Cook
Do you love food but need a kick-start on your cooking adventures? Sign up for a cooking class. With several options in the area, you’re sure to find one that’s the right fit. Check out Tess’ Community Farm Kitchen, where they offer cooking classes in addition to fresh finds at the farm.
Discover Your Taste in Brentwood, CA
At StorQuest Self Storage - Brentwood, we are dreamers, doers, and believers. We are the adventurous type, and encourage you to do the same – get out and explore. Whether you are a resident of Brentwood, or just visiting, choose your foodie destination route, and enjoy!