If you’ve been to Bradenton, Florida, you understand our deep appreciation for this historic city. With pristine white sand beaches, access to the many arms of the Braden and Manatee Rivers, and more parks and preserves than you can count, you’ll never be bored in Bradenton. Its picturesque conservation areas are ideal for families, nature lovers, and hikers alike, while its museums and art galleries will please even the most discerning critic. Check out our list of the tops ways to live big in Bradenton this fall.
Preserves, Preserves, and More Preserves
Take in the beauty of Florida's wildlife and native plant communities while exploring both prehistoric and historic sites at one of the areas many preserves.
- Robinson Preserve is a 600-acre coastal preserve that features hiking paths, kayak and canoe waterways, bridges, picnic spots, campgrounds, mangrove forests, and a tall observation tower with an impressive view of Tampa Bay.
- Checking in at over 21,000 acres, Duette Preserve is the largest preserve in Manatee County. There’s almost too many recreation uses to list off, but if we had to choose our favorites; hiking and nature trails, picnic areas, horseback riding, bicycling, fishing, and camping top the list.
- Nearby Emerson Point Preserve is located at the mouth of the Manatee River where it meets Lower Tampa Bay. Visitors can explore the unique history of the 365-acre preserve and tour the shady trails through the tropical hammock.
Bradenton is best known for the beautiful white sand beaches of Anna Maria Island. While there’s nothing better than relaxing on the beach, kick it up a notch and get your heart rate going with one of the many unique activities offered in town.
- Parasailing - Cruise above the ocean waters with Bradenton Beach Parasailing
- Fishing Charters and Boat Tours - Take a daytrip with an expert spear fisherman at Deep Trouble
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling - Five O'Clock Charlie Boat Tours is our personal favorite
- Horseback Riding - Enjoy the beach via horseback with BeachHorses
Flowing right alongside Brandenton, FL, are the Braden River and Manatee River. The Manatee River is the perfect place to embrace the outdoors and get up-close with nature for an afternoon. You can go on wildlife tours, swim with the – you guessed it – manatees, and have a picnic. How about enjoying the fresh Florida air while on the river? There are a number of boat ramps located on the Manatee River, Braden River, Lake Manatee, and Palma Sola Bay.
Have a boat of your own? Our Bradenton RV and boat storage facility offers RV and boat storage units as large as 30 feet in depth. Your RV or boat is an important part of your lifestyle, and we're here to ensure that it stays safe and well-maintained, even when it's not in use. Located just two minutes from the Braden River Boat Ramp, you’ll be on the water in no time.
The Beauty of Bradenton Parks and Gardens
Historic sites, national parks, and gardens are sprinkled throughout Bradenton. Here are a few of our favorites to help you get out and get active:
- The Riverwalk - Downtown Bradenton’s showpiece and overlooking the Manatee River, the Riverwalk is a 1.5-mile trail with features including beach volleyball, a great lawn, skate park, fishing pier, and more
- G. T. Bray Park is the largest of recreational parks, offering tennis, swimming, skateboarding, recreational leagues, and walking trails
- De Soto National Memorial - Step back in time to when the first Spanish settlers came to Florida in this spectacular park setting
- Palma Sola Botanical Garden - A hidden treasure, escape here to walk among native plants and enjoy a restful oasis
Bonus: TreeUmph! Adventure Course
Really looking to spark your sense of adventure? TreeUmph! Adventure Course is the ultimate outdoor thrill. Explore high trees while overcoming obstacles in this huge outdoor playground. With ziplines, ladders, bridges, tunnels, and climbing, you’ll be having so much fun you won’t even notice how much it challenges your body. Sign us up!
Nature at Your Fingertips
At StorQuest Self Storage, we stand behind you on all your adventures and encourage you to engage in the world around you – something that’s easy to do whether you live, work, or play in Bradenton, FL. Make room for awesome at one of our two Bradenton locations, 53rd Ave. or Manatee Ave.