Summertime. The kids are out of school and you’re busy planning family activities. Luckily, Vero Beach is home to world-class beaches, parks, and cultural events. It seems like everywhere you look there is something new to do. So, grab your gear and family and make time to explore all that Vero Beach has to offer.
Parks and Beaches
There is no shortage of parks and beaches in Vero Beach. The hardest part is trying to choose between the myriad of options. Between sports parks, dog-friendly parks, and endless beaches, there is definitely something for every member of the family. Take a look at some the most popular outdoor spaces and then head outside for some family fun time.
Vero Beach is home to an active community of sports-loving residents. The Recreation Department has responded in kind by offering just about every sport you can imagine at their parks. Looking to get out some energy? Try one of these parks:
- Barber Street Sports Complex
- South County Regional Park
- Friendship Park
- Historic Dodgertown
- City of Sebastian Skate Facility
Man’s best friend likes to hit the park as well. Why not head to the Sebastian Bark Park for a hike along the lake trail? Or, try the community volunteer-built Vero Beach Dog Park. Either way, your pup will be happy to have some time off leash!
Beaches for Relaxing
If you and your family are looking for some down time in the sun, a peaceful, sandy beach with a view may be just what you need. Check out one of the great beaches nearby:
- South Beach - Wide open, sandy beaches.
- Golden Sands - The starting point of the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge.
- Turtle Trail Beach - Peaceful and private.
- Treasure Shores - Stunning sand dunes and wide open views.
- Joe Earman Island Park - Located on an island in the Indian River Lagoon.
Beaches with Activities
Looking for a more active day on the beach? From treasure hunting to surfing, there is always something to do at one of these exotic locales:
- Seagrape Trail - A treasure hunter’s dream.
- Wabasso Beach - Both surfing and treasure hunting.
- Donald McDonald Park - A camping beach with 29 camp sites.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park - Some of the best surfing on the East Coast.
- Wabasso Causeway Park - Great boat launch for a day on the water.
- Tracking Station Beach – A surfer’s favorite.
- Gifford Park - Home to the Gifford Aquatic Center and Youth Activity Center.
Beaches with Wildlife
Florida’s Central Coast is home to many varieties of animals. A day spent watching some of them in action can be both exciting and informative for young and old alike. Round Island Park is located next to the best manatee viewing spot in Indian River County, while Ambersand Beach is the most significant area for loggerhead sea turtle nesting in the Western Hemisphere and green turtle nesting in North America.
Events at Riverside Park
Summer is the time for concerts, festivals, and other celebrations. Riverside Park plays host to the Annual Clam Bake Festival, Pelican Island Wildlife Festival, Sebastian Fine Arts and Music Event, 4th of July Celebrations, and the seasonal Music in the Park Concert Series. There is something for everyone at Riverside Park, including panoramic views and two fishing piers.
Local’s and out-of-towners alike know Vero Beach for its culture, arts, and entertainment. Stop in at these galleries and museums to broaden your horizons.
- Vero Beach Museum of Art
- J. M. Stringer Gallery of Fine Art
- Project Space 1785
- Sebastian Area Historical Museum
- St. Lucie County Aquarium
- McKee Botanical Garden
- Environmental Learning Center
Water Sports Rentals and Gear
Take some time to perfect your skills or learn some new ones and hit the water by boat, paddle board, kayak, or surfboard. Rental shops dot the area if you need gear, or hire a professional if you would prefer a guided tour. Don’t forget to grab your personal adventure gear from your storage unit!
Want to know more about the many different things to see and do in Vero Beach, Florida? Speak with a member of our Vero Beach leasing staff (772-205-3105). StorQuest Self Storage is here to guide you to a more awesome life.