At StorQuest, we pride ourselves on being champions of a more awesome life. And what’s more awesome than welcoming 2018 at the beach? Vero Beach, Florida, has become the new Florida beach destination for visitors and residents alike. This holiday season, we’ve found 10 great ways to ring in the New Year when you’re spending time in Vero Beach.
- Night of Lights — Technically happening December 28-30, Night of Lights at McKee Botanical Garden offers visitors a truly unique holiday experience. This annual celebration features thousands of glimmering lights, luminaria lined pathways, stunning lighting displays in the ponds and waterways, as well as an opportunity to see a model trail display. Listen to the vintage band organ as you wander around the beautiful gardens at McKee. Admission: $12 Adults, $11 Seniors, $8 Children ages 3-12, members and children under 3 free.
- Nutcracker on the Indian River — The two days preceding New Year’s Eve, catch the ballet performance of “Nutcracker on the River,” at the Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center. The story takes the classic whimsy and magic of the original ballet and moves the story forward to 1919, the year Vero Beach was founded. December 29 at 8pm & December 30 at 2pm. Tickets $10-$75.
- New Year’s Eve Dance — Vero Beach’s Heritage Center plans on throwing a New Year’s Eve Dance at their location from 9pm to 1am. For more information, contact the Heritage Center at 772-770-2263.
- “Forever in Blue Jeans” — Are you a Diamond Head? For fans of Neil Diamond, Vero Beach’s Theatre-Go-Round Dinner Theatre offers a New Year's Eve performance and tribute to the iconic singer. You may also hear some of Diamond’s Christmas classics when you attend this special December performance. 3:30pm Dinner/5pm show. $65/person, includes a three-course dinner.
- Take an Airboat Ride — What better way to close out 2017 than with a ride on an iconic airboat? Airboats feature an aircraft-like propeller and are powered by an aircraft or automotive engine. Whiz around Vero Beach in an airboat and see if you can spot a gator!
- View the Masters of American Photography Exhibit — Looking for a beautiful cultural experience to close out 2017. If you haven’t already, head down to Vero Beach Museum of Art and check out the Masters of American Photography exhibit, running through January 14, 2018. The exhibit features iconic images from the 20th century, including works by Ansel Adams, Dorothea Lange, and many others. Closed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, but open the preceding days.
- Throw a Beach Party — You’re already at one of Florida’s most popular beach destination, why not ring in the New Year at one of the area’s most pristine beaches? Make sure to choose a beach that’s open to the public, you have plenty of good lighting, supervision for any children that may be in attendance, and plenty of New Year’s hats and noise makers.
- New Year’s Eve Party with Rowan’s Irish Rebels — Head down to the Kilted Mermaid, a craft beer and wine bar in Vero Beach for an evening of live music, fine cheese, chocolate fondue, and a warm, cozy atmosphere. This New Year’s party features live music from Rowan’s Irish Rebels, so be prepared for Flogging Molly covers and a raucous good time. 8pm.
- Watch College Football Bowl Games — ‘Tis the season for college football bowl games – lots of them! If your New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day plans include watching a mass amount of college football, you’ll have plenty of options to watch in Vero Beach. Head down to one of Vero Beach’s favorite sports bars including 21st Street Taphouse, JJ’s Sports Bar, or Vero Bowl - where you can watch the games and going bowling.
- Take Yourself on a Culinary Tour of Vero Beach — Celebrate the New Year by feeding both your soul and your belly. Wander around Downtown Vero Beach and explore the different culinary options the city has to offer. Try craft beers at Walking Tree Brewery and taste fresh caught seafood at a variety of fine restaurants throughout the area. Many restaurants will be featuring New Year’s specials, including champagne toasts at midnight.
At StorQuest, we’re champions of a more awesome life and we’re here to help you make room for awesome. After you’re done celebrating the New Year, start your resolutions to get organized off right by putting the things that no longer serve you in storage at our Vero Beach location.
Happy New Year from all of us at StorQuest Self Storage!